Monday, May 30, 2011

Believing the Wisdom

By Jen G. 2011
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:2-4
*
As the mother of five children ages seven to 17, I have plenty of opportunities to fall into various trials and count it all joy. Goodness knows my patience is daily being built. If only I could let that patience have its perfect work!

More than anything, I find myself pleading for God’s perfect wisdom as I teach and train the children my husband and I have been given. The Lord promises that when I ask, He will give it to me.
*
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. v. 5
*
If only I would believe the wisdom that He implants in my heart.
*
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. v. 6

Why is it that when I ask Him to give me the wisdom I so desperately need and he faithfully does, I turn around and say, “Really? You want me to do that? Well….I was thinking that maybe THIS approach would be better. What do You think?” And then….silence.

For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. v. 7,8

I am learning that when the Lord gives me direction in my life I need to follow it and not try to change His mind. If what my spirit is hearing is Biblically sound, then I can rest in knowing that the Lord is speaking in answer to my request for wisdom. The answer might not seem logical to my human mind, but He sees the end of the matter. The silence I hear is not a refusal to give wisdom, for it was already given. The Lord is simply waiting for me to choose His way and walk in it.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil. Proverbs 3:5-7

Prayer:
Father, thank You for faithfully giving me wisdom when I ask. I want to walk in that wisdom and not second guess what You have shown me. Let my life me an example of perfect trust in You.

Challenge:
This week read Proverbs 1:20 through chapter 4. Not only will it encourage you greatly in your personal walk, but if you are a mom it will give you great guidance in training your children. Wisdom is beautiful and something to be earnestly sought!

Jen G. 2011





1 comment:

G.L.H. said...

Spot on, dear friend.

Check each Monday for a new devotional. Please share the site with your friends!!