Monday, July 9, 2012

Stayed for Dessert

Last month I posted that I was 'out to lunch' until July 2 due to our state's homeschool convention and our role in helping.  Well, after lunch I stayed for dessert - our daughter's graduation party, Pioneer School, Art Camp.  I will be back - soon!

I would like to leave you with words from 1 Timothy 1:14-17:

And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.  However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

I have been very mindful of this verse of late.  I was given mercy so that Jesus might show His extreme patience with my sinful self, thereby using me as a pattern for others to see the way to everlasting life through Him.  How awesome is that?  I am a pattern!  (This is pretty ironic for someone who can not sew a stitch.)

If you are Christ Follower, you are a pattern as well.  Ask the Lord to show you specific circumstances this week in which you are being that pattern to others.

Back to my dessert!

Jen

No comments:

Check each Monday for a new devotional. Please share the site with your friends!!