Monday, March 22, 2010

A Woman of Worship

As I was spending time in the word, I learned more about Mary (the sister of Martha) in Luke 10:39. She was truly a woman who enjoyed being at the feet of Jesus. She really expressed her love and devotion to Him in every way.
*
Jesus said to him, “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37
*
Reading about how she showed her affection towards Him makes me think of how I show my affection towards Him. It made me think of the passage in Matthew 22:37. Do I really love the Lord with ALL of my heart, with ALL of my soul, and with ALL of my mind?
*
She seemed to demonstrate that even to the point of pouring oil onto His feet and washing them with her HAIR (John 12:3). Mary didn’t even think of herself at that time. She wanted to show her affection to Jesus. She didn’t care who was around as she did it. She just focused on Him and Him alone. Oh, how I pray to show my love and affection to Jesus like that. I’m so glad that today can be that day.
*
Prayer:
Dear Jesus, forgive me for not showing my affection and love towards You as much as I should. Help me to see where I’m giving more time and attention to so much else that it’s taking me away from You. In Your name, Amen.
*
Challenge:
What about you? Where are you when it comes to showing your affection and love towards Him? Make today a day of worship.
*

No comments:

Check each Monday for a new devotional. Please share the site with your friends!!