Monday, February 9, 2009

Never Alone

Sometimes, regardless of how busy and noisy my home is or how many children are running circles around me, I feel alone. This is the kind of alone that leaves me feeling hollow and confused, hopeless and useless. Why does this come on me and other moms at times? Could it be that we are not remembering the promises that the Lord has given us in His Word?
*
Psalm 139:7-10
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
*
As Christ followers God promises that no matter where we are or what we are experiencing He will be right next to us. His hand will guide us and hold us. What an incredible promise! He does not stop with just one great promise, He gives many more.
*
Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
*
Not even demons or death can keep us from the love of God. His sacrifice through Jesus created an impenetrable place of safety. Regardless of what comes our way, if we are children of the Most High God, nothing can remove us from His love. He has given that love to us and He will keep that promise in every circumstance. When you find yourself feeling alone in your innermost being, take time to meditate on the Scriptures shared here. Remind yourself that you are never alone as a Christ following mom.
*
If you do not know Jesus then the hollow, lonely feeling I described is the void in you that can only be filled by the Lord. I encourage you to click on the link on the top right or email me to learn how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
*
Prayer:
Father, thank you for the promise that You will never leave me. Thank You that regardless of what is going on in my life You are always holding me in Your hand and guiding me. Please remind me of Your beautiful promises that are mine through Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.
*
Challenge:
Write out Psalm 139:7-10 and Romans 8:38-39 and post them around your house. When you feel lonely and as though you are on your own go directly to the Scriptures and remind yourself that you are in the Lord's hands and that nothing can take you from Him.
*
Jen Gorton 2009

No comments:

Check each Monday for a new devotional. Please share the site with your friends!!